Considering moving to Vermilion Parish? We think this is a great place to live, and there are many reasons why. Here are what we feel are the top 10 reasons to live in Vermilion Parish, but there are many more.
1) Friendly people: Louisiana is a very friendly state, and in no place is this truer than Vermilion Parish. Once you move here, you will be welcomed with open arms, just as if you were from here originally. During those times when you find yourself in need, you won’t have to go far to find someone willing to lend a helping hand.
2) Rich Farmland: Vermilion Parish has rich farm land available which sets it apart from many parishes. Sunrise Realty has several farm properties available, as well as large parcels of land suitable for hunting, fishing and various other uses.
3) Less Expensive: Real Estate prices are generally less expensive here than in many other parishes. You may be pleasantly surprised at the price per square footage you can get in a home or business here when comparing to other areas. Property taxes are also much less than in larger cities around our state.
4) Various Types of Properties Available: Vermilion Parish is not just farmland. The towns of Abbeville, Kaplan, Erath, etc. offer city living if that is more to your liking. Our towns have abundant history and culture for locals and visitors to experience.
5) Slower Pace of Life: In Vermilion Parish you will experience a slower pace of life, such as having less traffic to deal with than in major cities. The parish offers a tranquil and picturesque countryside for you to enjoy.
6) Land for Hunting, Fishing and Farming: Due to its proximity to the Gulf of Mexico and vast amount of land for hunting and fishing, as well as acres of farmland, Vermilion Parish restaurants and grocery stores offer an abundance of fresh seafood, meats, wild game, fish, crawfish, and fresh vegetables to grace your table.
7) Great Restaurants: People travel from around the state to eat in our restaurants which you will enjoy, as well. Not only are there fresh items to choose from prepared in decadently delicious ways, but the restaurant owners and wait staff want to ensure that you enjoy your meal and come back again and again.
8) Community Spirit: Vermilion Parish has a great community spirit. Our generous folk care about each other and do what they can to help support those who are not so fortunate. Additionally, Abbeville has a town square where many activities are held which bring people together to visit, purchase fresh foods, shop and listen to music.
9) Festivals: Vermilion Parish has its share of festivals, some being very unique such as the Giant Omelette Celebration; Cattle Festival; Daylily Festival and Garden Show; Cake and Ice Cream Social; Farmer’s Markets, and several more.
10) Has all you need: Vermilion Parish has everything you might need: Restaurants, drugstores, gas stations, great shopping, museums, movie and community theatres, and more – all within a short stress-free walk or drive. Additionally, Abbeville is the parish seat and the Vermilion Parish Courthouse is located there. Also, several museums are located throughout the Parish, each dedicated to the historical aspects of the areas they are in.
We hope you will consider making Vermilion Parish your home. Sunrise Realty and its staff are here to serve you and help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Give us a call today: (337) 893-9662 or visit our website: https://sunriserealtyonline.com.